CPD Ton Pentre AFC

Motaquote Welsh League Division One
24/01/04: Ton Pentre 1 - 1 Dinas Powys

TON PENTRE'S failure to win this Division One tie severely dents their hopes of regaining the Welsh League title. With Llanelli winning 1-0 in Goytre the top of the league table reads Llanelli (pld 17- 41 pts), Ton Pentre (19-37), Grange Quins (19-37), Goytre United (17-33) and UWIC Inter Cardiff (18-32).

Ton travel to Llanelli on Saturday January 31 in a game that they must win, even though it is very unlikely that the West Wales team, who have aspirations of regaining Welsh Premier status, can be caught by Ton.

Therefore, this adds significance to the two points dropped against Dinas Powys with the Rhondda Bulldogs needing to have won the match to set them up for the Llanelli clash.

The game against Dinas was truly a match of two halves. Ton, sponsored by Gus Windows, started brightly and maintained a high level of performance throughout the whole of the first half with Dinas creating very little. The second half though belonged to the visitors when they deservedly scored an equaliser in injury time.

Dean Morris saw his header tipped over the bar by goalkeeper Billy Clarke early on the game after Danny Kinsey committed a foul around 20 yards outside the box with the freekick taken by Shaun Fackerel.

Ton continued their influence on the half and when the ball was played into the box by Alyn Jones, Jason Cowen barged right through Mark Evans who was all set to control the ball. Carl Thomas gave Ton the lead through the resulting penalty with the home side deserving of the score line.

Dinas played themselves into the game during the second half with Leonne Jeanne instrumental as their playmaker. When he swung the ball into the Ton box Cowen met it with a header that was directed straight into the arms of John Howe.

With Ton unable to emulate their performance of the first half they looked destined to concede a goal.

Dinas added height up front with Gareth Hemmens replacing Ali Kiyaga.

Hemmens was presented with an excellent chance to equalise when Jeanne rounded Fackerel to put his fellow teammate through on a one-on-one with Howe. The Ton 'keeper saved the shot allowing his defence to scramble a clearance.

Ton could have secured all three points in the 90th minute when Thomas provided a through pass for Andrew Hughes who blazed over the crossbar.

Then in the final minute of injury time Leigh Vick scored from outside the goal area with the ball slipping under Howe to confirm their equaliser.

After their trip to Llanelli on Saturday January 31 (2.15pm kick off), Ton Pentre's next home match will see them looking to progress through the Fourth Round of the Welsh Cup when Port Talbot Town of the Welsh Premier will look to avoid a cup upset (2.30pm kick off).

Ton Pentre: John Howe; Mark Evans (Lee Tapper, 74mins); Neil Davies; Nathan Prygodzicz; Lee Michaels; Andrew Hughes; Shaun Fackerel; Dean Morris; Carl Thomas; Alyn Jones (Kristian Orchard, 86mins); Kerry Harding (Ian Shepherd, 81mins).

Match Report by Robert Dowling.


Website designed & maintained by AiGN © 2003, 2004.
www.gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-o-srednem-texnicheskom-obrazovanii https://gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-tekhnikuma www.gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-v-krasnoiarske
купить аттестат за 9 класс
http://www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-s-registraciej www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-kolledzha https://diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-o-srednem-obrazovanii http://www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-specialista
купить дипломы о высшем
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом университета
купить свидетельство о рождении
купить диплом нового образца
купить аттестат за 11 класс
купить диплом в москве
купить диплом ссср
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом о среднем образовании