CPD Ton Pentre AFC

27/09/03: Ton Pentre 1 - 2 Llanelli

LLANELLI set the benchmark that Ton Pentre have to aspire to in this Motaquote Welsh League Division One clash. Although the scoreline suggests it was a close match, for those attending at Ynys Park it was certainly not the case.

The West Wales visitors, managed by long time Merthyr Tydfil player Neil O'Brien, were forced to play with ten men in the second half after Gary Davies picked up two yellow cards. His first came after ten minutes when he tripped Carl Thomas when the striker was through on goal.

Llanelli took the lead with a penalty in the 15th minute. As the ball was sent into the box from a corner the referee blew his whistle for a push by a Ton player. Paul Fowler converted the penalty and Llanelli only had to wait two minutes for a second goal.

When Alyn Jones lost possession up front Lee Pratt started a counter attack for Llanelli. From the wing the ball was played inside and laid forward allowing an unchallenged strike on goal with the defence and 'keeper beaten.

In the 36th minute Davies picked up his second yellow card and was sent off after handling the ball from a Thomas freekick. Llanelli's immediate reaction was to replace forward Chris Thomas for defender Phil Davidson to hold onto their 2-0 lead.

Moments before half time Dean Morris was forced to leave the field needing treatment to a cut on the head that required stitches. Ian Shepherd replaced him at the start of the second half.

Ton failed to make any impression on the match in the second half with Llanelli oozing quality that just could not be beaten. Llanelli could have taken a further lead when Rob Folland found himself clear. He attempted to place the ball in the net but the ball narrowly went wide.

Ton scored in the fourth minute of injury time when they were awarded a penalty for a handball in the area. Thomas took the kick for Ton and scored even though Huw Liddell got a sturdy hand to ball.

If Llanelli continue to play football like they did against Ton Pentre then a quick return to the Welsh Premier looks to be on the cards.

Ton will hope to put this very disappointing performance behind them when they turn their attention to the Welsh Cup on Saturday October 4 for a second round tie against Grange Harlequins. The kick off for this match is 2.15pm.

Ton Pentre: Jon Howe; Lee Tapper; Mark Evans; Mike Jones; Nathan Prygodzicz; Andrew Hughes; Craig Morgan (Tom Billings, 78mins); Dean Morris (Ian Shepherd, 45mins); Carl Thomas; Alyn Jones; Kerry Harding.

Substitute not used: Richard Haig.

Match Report by Robert Dowling.


Website designed & maintained by AiGN © 2003.
www.gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-o-srednem-texnicheskom-obrazovanii https://gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-tekhnikuma www.gosznac-diplomy.com/kupit-diplom-v-krasnoiarske
купить аттестат за 9 класс
http://www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-s-registraciej www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-kolledzha https://diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-o-srednem-obrazovanii http://www.diploman-asx.com/kupit-diplom-specialista
купить дипломы о высшем
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом университета
купить свидетельство о рождении
купить диплом нового образца
купить аттестат за 11 класс
купить диплом в москве
купить диплом ссср
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом о среднем образовании