CDP Ton Pentre AFC

Fixtures and Results 2001/2002

April 13th: Llanwern 1 v Ton Pentre 3

Ton were almost at full strength for this very important game, with Ponterdawe still winning and Ton dropping two valuable points in the week. It meant that Ponterdawe were 5 points clear having played one more with a better goal difference.

The game was played on a very hard and bumpy surface. Ton kicked off and went straight onto the attack trying to win the game in the opening minute, pushing everyone forward. When a little more patience was required. These attacks included the defenders pushing on to Llanwern. This left a gaps at the back and after two minute Llanwern hit a long hopeful ball up field where Llanwern's Sitier was there to head the ball into the path of Stewart who ran unopposed into the Ton area from the right wing, he powered a shot past Marty Ellacott in the Ton goal giving the home side an early lead. 1-0 to Llanwern.

The away side went on the attack through both wingbacks Ceri Harding and Lee Tapper, with Carl Thomas going close after 4 minutes. Ton were winning the early exchanges and after 5 minutes a well flighted ball from a corner played in by Shaun Fackeral found the head of Jason Roberts, he headed towards goal, Evans in the home goal collected and cleared down field. Ton had a succession of corner in the opening 10 minutes with Mike Jones going close with another headed attempt.

The 12th minute saw the breakthrough, again from a set play, Lee Brown was pulled back on the edge of the penalty area, a free kick was awarded and it was taken by Shaun Fackeral, who put a superb ball into the back post where Roberts headed home from 7 yards. Making it 1-1, it was a well a taken kick and execution by the "big" hearted defender.

Ton were now in complete control, with Dean Morris and Andrew Hughes dominating the middle of the field, Hughes pushing forward at every opportunity linking with Brown and Thomas. With the pressure Llanwern were under they were continuing to give away free kicks and corners. Ton through Harding and Fackeral were not able to get the telling ball in until the box. Then in the 17th minute, another corner on the right was played in by Fackeral into the heart of the area, where this time Ton's other "big" defender Mike Jones was there to head home from 6 yards. Taking Ton into a deserved 1-2 lead.

The game continued with Ton going forward and Llanwern only getting forward via the long ball and free kicks, they were not putting the away defence under real pressure with Neil Davies clearing up. After half an hour it was all Ton with them winning corners on both sides of the field, the balls being played in were not penetrating and Attwell and Archer were able to head clear, however this was the weakness in the Llanwern team. The 35th minute saw Llanwern have an effort from Archer going wide of the upright from a free kick played in by Davies.

Then good interplay from Ton, with Harding. Hughes and Fackeral involved forcing Attwell to concede a corner. The resultant kick was played out and a free kick was awarded on the left, again the delivery in was not good enough so Llanwern cleared easily. With Brown and Thomas prominent Llanwern were not being allowed to settle and just before half time Thomas made a superb turn and shot on the edge of the area, his effort was saved by Evans at the foot of his post, it was a great shot and save. The half ended with Ton in the lead 1-2.

At half time Llanwern made a change when Davies went off with Hambury replacing him. The second half saw Llanwern having the best of the opening encounters, with them hitting the long ball into the heart of the Ton defence, this was not causing the away side any problems. Then after 50 minutes Ton again started to boss the game and attacked Llanwern, with a great run from Brown down the left, where he was able to get a shot in on goal, his effort faded across the goal with the keeper beaten. Brown was causing the home defence a lot of problems they were not able to handle his skill and pace. With Thomas also taking the game to them the were working hard to keep Ton out. Dean Morris was playing the holding game and was breaking up play Llanwern were getting. Ton started to win corners again, with Tapper and Harding and Hughes forcing the play. In the period from the 58th to the 68th minute Ton won 9 corners, it was only a matter of time before Llanwern would crack again and in the 69th came the third goal, again from a corner played in by Fackeral, he played the ball to the back post where Roberts had ghosted in to head the ball down to the line and score his second of the day making it 1-3 to Ton.

This was a well-deserved goal and one Ton needed to ensure Llanwern would not get back into the game. Llanwern did get forward through Sitier and Roberts was able to clear. Llanwern had quite a good spell with crosses being played in from their left through Ashman and Quarterly. Ton were able to deal with the long-range efforts and Ellacott was not troubled. The game started to slow down with 15 minutes to go and Llanwern looked a beaten side. Then on the 78th minute Ton made two substitutions, with Dai Withers and Ian Shepherd replacing Brown and Harding.

This did not cause any problems to the away side they still went forward with Shepherd into the game straight away getting a cross into the box; Withers also played his part holding the ball up. With 5 minutes to go an injury to Ton's top goals corer on the day Roberts saw him replaced by Nathan Prygodzicz.

The final minutes of the game were again Ton's they kept the pressure on Llanwern and did not allow them to get into their defensive third. The referee brought an end to the game after 3 minutes of stoppage time. This was a better performance by the league champions, they have to ensure they win and hope that Ponterdawe slip up to retain the chapionship.


Llanwern: Evans, Gandee, Burman, Archer, Atwell, Spiteri, Quarterly, Davies, Sitier, Stewart and Ashman. Substitutes Anifowisie, Hambury and Alex Pimm

Ton Pentre: Ellacott, Tapper, Davies, Jones, Fackeral, Hughes, Roberts, Thomas, Brown and Harding substitutes Shepherd, Withers and Prygodzicz

Written by Gary Matuszczyk

Dyluniwyd a threfnwyd y wefan hon gan AiGN © 2002. Designed & maintained by AiGN © 2002.
E-mail / E-bost:
Website / Gwefan:
Registered in England and Wales with company number 3618120.
купить аттестат за 9 класс
купить дипломы о высшем
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом университета
купить свидетельство о рождении
купить диплом нового образца
купить аттестат за 11 класс
купить диплом в москве
купить диплом ссср
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом о среднем образовании