CDP Ton Pentre AFC

Fixtures and Results 2001/2002

March 13th: Ton Pentre 1 v Gwynfi 2

Ton Pentre lost a game they should have by form won, however the Gwynfi side showed great pride and commitment and got what they deserved a win that will help their fight for survival in the 1st division. The team showed only one change from the side that beat Cwmbran in the Welsh Cup. Shaun Fackeral moved up from the Bench to replace Lee Brown (injured) and on the bench Rob King and Nicky Jones replaced Fackeral and Jason Roberts.

Gwynfi kicked off up the slope and had the first attack of the half; the early two minutes of Ton pressure came to nothing. 3 minutes later Lee Tapper put Withers in on goal, he tried to chip the ball over the keeper, his effort went over the top. Following this reasonable start Gwynfi got in the game when they forced Ton back and gained a number of corners with Gwynfi's no 11 Gary Randle prominent. As the game settled Gwynfi were the better side, Ton were losing the ball and were playing very poorly. In the 12th minute Gwynfi's striker Andrew Davies tried his luck from 30 yards to the right of goal, his attempt went high over. This was a warning to the home defence that the visitors were there to get the 3 points.

Gwynfi were the dominant team in the opening 20 minutes with Ton only able to put limited pressure on the Gwynfi defence, the ball up the middle for Withers was not paying off as the visitors were dominating the aerial battle. Ceri Harding did force the keeper Liddell to make a hurried clearance on 23 minutes. Then Dale Price took a free kick for Gwynfi 25 yards from the Ton goal and just to the left, the first effort hit the wall, the return was cleared by Neil Davies charging it down. Then in the 28th minute Gwynfi's got the breakthrough when a cross from the left was deflected in the air and Davies was there to head home from 8 yards. 0-1 to Gwynfi.

Following the goal Ton did wake up a little and were able to gain a corner get a few attacks forward, without really troubling the away keeper. The remainder of the half saw Gwynfi working very hard and breaking up the Ton play, the forward play of the home side was very poor by their standards, Gwynfi on the other hand played with a passion that Ton were lacking and thus ensuring they did not allow Ton any time on the ball. When they did get forward and get "at" the Ton defence they looked as though they would score again. The half ended with Gwynfi leading 0-1 and manger Kevin Richards making a hasty move to the dressing room.

In the first minute of the second half Withers hit the post with a shot and turn, with the keeper well beaten, the ball came out to Harding who shot well over. The home side did start the half a little better, however they were still guilty of overplaying and giving the ball away in the middle of the park, Withers had another very good attempt parried over the bar by Liddell with it going just under the cross bar, it was a great save that maintained the lead. Then in the 58th minute the Ton midfield were again guilty of turning with the ball into the opposition, the ball was lost, Gwynfi were able to make a quick break, with Ton chasing the game Price was able move up field with ease and he fired in a low cross which was deflected by Prygodzizc running back into his own net, thereby giving the visitors a 2 goal lead.

This goal did now shake up the Champions and they started to play as though they could get beaten. They won a couple of corners one of which led to the Ton goal. Fackeral swung a ball into the box, it was a difficult one to defend as it whipped across the goal, the unfortunate Randle who was back helping his defence and he headed past his own keeper to make it 1-2.

Then Richards started to use his substitutes with King replacing Nathan Prygodzizc in the 65th minute. The play from the home team was now more urgent and they were now passing and moving, something that was not there until the 66th minute. The 71st minute saw Withers brought down on the edge of the box, just to the left of the upright. The kick was hit low and hard by Fackeral, the wall held firm and it was deflected for a corner. Then in the 74th Richards made the second change with Lee Mathews replacing Fackeral. Ton were now getting the ball wide and Tapper and Ian Shepherd were unable to get their crosses into danger areas, making it easy for Gwynfi to defend.

Ton were now keeping Gwynfi in their half and had a couple of attempts at goal from long range through Tapper and Hughes when composure and short passes were required. Gwynfi were still hitting Ton on the break and Ellacott had to be alert and clear the ball from outside his area. Then in the 80th the last change for Ton, Nick Jones came on for Shepherd. Three minutes later saw the referee produce the first red card of the night when he sent off Conway of Gwynfi.

Ton really piled on the pressure and won three quick corners and a number of free kicks, Liddell in the Gwynfi goal was a match to it all. Then the referee showed a second red card to a Gwynfi player, Simpson so they were now down to 9 players and 7 minutes to go. They put everyone behind the ball and tried to protect their lead. When Gwynfi did get the ball they hit it long downfield and tried to keep it in the corners. Ton huffed and puffed in the remaining minutes bit were unable to "pinch" anything from the game. After 3 minutes of stoppage time Mr Watts blew up giving Gwynfi a well-earned 3 points winning 2-1.

This game was very much after the Lord Mayors Parade for the home team, after the euphoria of the Cup win and the expectation of an easy 3 points, it has certainly brought everyone down to earth very quickly. There is a need to win league games and forget about Barry Town, their manager Kenny Brown was present he will have taken nothing from this very inept and disappointing game. The positive thing is that we can't play that badly again!!! (We hope).

Ton Pentre: Ellacott, Tapper, Shepherd, Mike Jones, Prygodzizc, Hughes, Davies, Fackeral, Morris, Withers & Harding, substitutes King, Mathews & Nicky Jones.

Gwynfi: Liddell, Roberts, Cole, Smith, Blackmore, Paul Rogers, Price, Conway, Davies, Simpson & Randle substitutes Neil Rogers, Leigh Rogers & Daniel Rogers.

Dyluniwyd a threfnwyd y wefan hon gan AiGN © 2002. Designed & maintained by AiGN © 2002.
E-mail / E-bost:
Website / Gwefan:
Registered in England and Wales with company number 3618120.
купить аттестат за 9 класс
купить дипломы о высшем
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом университета
купить свидетельство о рождении
купить диплом нового образца
купить аттестат за 11 класс
купить диплом в москве
купить диплом ссср
купить диплом колледжа
купить диплом о среднем образовании